The deadline for submissions to the 2021 Mash-up Filmmaking Competition has now passed.
Thank you to all the filmmakers who submitted a film to us.
As soon as judging has taken place we will be contacting all participants by email to announce the winning films.
The winning films will be screened at the Norwich Film Festival in November 2021 and will be added to EAFA’s collections. The winning filmmakers each win a £250 cash prize.
EAFA’s annual Mash-up Filmmaking Competition invites filmmakers to make a short film choosing from a selection of archive footage. Each year brings a new theme, and a new competition package of archive clips curated by EAFA.
The Competition Brief
- Make a short film of between 1 to 5 minutes in duration.
- At least 50% of the total duration of your film must consist of archive footage from the competition package supplied by EAFA.
- Filmmakers can also choose to combine the EAFA archive footage with other audio-visual material, for example, contemporary footage shot by the filmmaker or footage sourced from elsewhere.
- The competition is judged in two categories – ‘Under 18s’ and ’18 and Overs’.
- For further information, tips, and guidance, take a look at the Competition Handout.
- The full Terms & Conditions of entry are available here.
The Competition Theme
Each year brings a new theme. The theme for 2021 is ‘Hope’.
We invite you to reflect on events of the past year, and through the lens of archive film, create a new work that creatively explores the theme of “Hope”.
As ever, please interpret the theme in any way you wish. What is most important is creative storytelling and engagement with the archive footage supplied by EAFA for the competition.
What can I win?
The winning filmmaker in each category (‘Under 18s’ and ‘18 and Overs’) each win a £250 cash prize. The winning films are screened at the Norwich Film Festival, and are also added to EAFA’s collections and preserved for posterity.
How to Enter
If you are aged 18 or over, then download an entry form.
Return your completed, signed entry form to us by email at email@example.com
If you are under the age of 18, please download and return to us a signed parent/guardian consent form instead of an entry form.
Please read the full Terms & Conditions before submitting your entry form.
How can I Access the Films in the Competition Package?
Once we have received a completed and signed entry form, we will email you a link to download the competition package of archive footage.
Further information about the films that are included in the 2021 Competition Package can be found in the 2021 Mash-up Competition Guide.
Deadline for Film Entries
You have until midday on Tuesday 31st August 2021 to submit your film to us.
For regular updates