EAFA is looking for a UEA postgraduate student or recent graduate to join our team. Could it be you?
We’re looking for a graduate intern to join us and help with a video digitisation project between March – July 2023. This is a paid position.
The post holder will report to the Senior Technician and will work on video digitisation. They will train and supervise UEA placement students in carrying out digitisation work whilst also undertaking their own digitisation work. The post holder will also work with volunteers on engagement activity and there is scope to contribute to collection care. Full training in video digitisation will be given and there will be support throughout the internship.
Benefits of the internship
During the internship, you’ll have the chance to:
- Develop your communication, organisational and management skills,
- Gain experience of video digitisation workflows, working in a regional film archive, and of collections care,
- Contribute to engagement activity,
- Receive training in video digitisation and no previous knowledge is required.
We’re looking for someone who can demonstrate:
- Ability to use their own initiative to resolve problems, with a tenacious approach,
- Excellent IT skills (Office365 – Sharepoint, Excel, Planner, Teams, Outlook),
- Organised and methodical, with the ability to adhere to strict deadlines to organise own, and others, work,
- Attention to detail and accuracy in all work undertaken,
- Articulate, confident, persuasive, tactful and diplomatic,
- Good interpersonal skills both internally within the team and with external users of the service and archive,
- Experience of using databases,
- Quality control/Quality assurance,
- Video preservation skillset,
- Self-motivated to work independently without close supervision.
Key details of the internship:
- Deadline for applications: 13th February 2023
- Vacancy location: East Anglian Film Archive, The Archive Centre, Martineau Lane, Norwich NR1 2DQ
- Internship pay rate per hour: £13 per hour
- Duration of internship: 20 weeks
- Hours per week: 18 (3 days per week)
- Interview date: 22th February 2023
- Internship start date: 16th March 2023
Please note that this post is open to postgraduate students and graduates of UEA only.
If this position sounds like the right fit for you, we can’t wait to receive your application.